• The nearest houses
  • 72
  • (Route)(Route)
  • 74
  • 73 Hauptstraße 10

    Villa Anna

    Former house names: Villa Anna

    Today: Elisenhof

    Architecture: The front part of Elisenhof stands on the old foundations of Villa Anna. The old cellars are also still in place. The half-timbered tower was no longer standing at the time of renovation and was reconstructed based on old photos.

    Year of construction: 1895

    History/owners until 1945: As early as 1898, Villa Anna was mentioned by name in the travel guide “Die Insel Rügen” (The Island of Rügen) by Edwin Müller (published by Barthol und Co.), but without any indication of an owner. In the 1905 Binz travel guide, Villa Anna was listed as having 18 rooms and 2 kitchens at Wilhelmstraße 17, with Mrs. Schneider as the owner. The villa remained in her possession for a long time, and some travel guides also referred to the Schneider siblings.

    In the mid-1920s, two Berlin dentists also had their practice in Villa Anna. In the 1925 travel guide “Praktische Winke – Ostseebad Binz auf Rügen” (Practical Tips – Baltic Sea Resort Binz on Rügen), an advertisement read as follows: Dentists Dr. Degner & Dr. Wienecke, Berlin W 9 Schellingstr. 10. BINZ, Wilhelmstr. 22, Villa Anna, telephone no. 42. Consultation hours 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Laboratory for all types of dentures.

    In 1928, Villa Anna was described in very endearing terms: Villa Anna, Wilhelmstraße, 1 minute from the landing stage. Elegant, solid house, generous, good board. Reasonable prices. The Schneider siblings. And the 1940/41 list of apartments still listed Villa Anna with 21 beds and the owner Lina Schneider.

    GDR era: During the GDR era, the building housed rental apartments as well as shops such as a shoe store and a photographer.

    After 1990: The Seibold family acquired Villa Anna in 1998 and renovated it in 1999/2000. It was then reopened as an apartment building with shops under the new name Elisenhof.

    Current use: Privately run apartment building and row of shops

    Photos: Binzer Bucht Tourismus collection, Lutz Grünke, Binzer Bucht Tourismus/Christian Thiele

    Text: Binzer Bucht Tourismus